Friday, October 10, 2008

You can't really have it all

I took this semester's first mid-term today, I'm attempting to get caught up on my massive to do list at work while my brain still does financial ratios and dividend calculations. Normally after I take a test that I've spent days cramming for I feel a sense of release. Today this is not the case. I'm kind of overwhelmed...kind of anxious and above all pensive. I have a lot of stuff on my mind and above all I think I have finally realized that I can't do it all. This past week has been consumed with trying to make A's in my MBA classes, trying to keep up with my ever increasing responsibilities at work and being there for birthdays, baby's births and homecomings. I'm exhausted and I had the simplest revelation that at the moment seemed completley profound. I really can't have it all. I cannot continue at this pace forever. It's time to prioritize my life and decide what is really important, what really deserves my full attention right now. What is this time in my life really all about? And this is where I am today.

When did I grow up? It's scary to all of a sudden wake up and realize how much I changed. My priorities are the same but the way I approch them is different. I told someone last night the greatest way to reform the way things are is by working in the system. I think I believe that now but I don't remember when I started believing that. Is it the beginning of maturity or the death of idealism?

And I'm still trying to figure out the amount of dividends that stupid company posted in 2007....

At least its the weekend

0 comments: