Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Good thing this money isn't real

I'm not sure how easily you'll be able to read this but at the beginning of this semester my investment teacher gave all of us $250,000 to invest in the stock market. The goal was to get the best return on the money possible (obviously). In light of the current economic climate most of the classes' portfolio's are negative but I am proud to announce that I have one of the most negative accounts (46 out of 62 to be exact). The biggest surprise to me was the amount of money I lost on Apple and Research in Motion (the company that makes Blackberry's) totalling over $50,000. I guess I should have traded when the stocks started plummeting but I kept thinking, "who doesn't want an i-phone?" Apparently that isn't reason enough to hold onto a stock. It's probably a good thing I ended up in non-profit work...

0 comments: