Friday, October 17, 2008

School is Hard

Every free moment outside of work for the last 2 weeks has been consumed by school. This morning I'm taking my second midterm of the semester. As a side note- I'm thinking about changing the title of my blog to, "I should be doing homework" because that sort of seems to be the theme lately anyway...I'm really struggling today because I have literally studied for this exam over 15 hours over the last 2 and a half days and I don't seem any closer to understanding the material. The worst part is that I feel like this stuff is so irrelevant to what I actually want to be doing with my life now and in the future. I can't imagine my ability (or lack there of at this point) to calculate the return, covariance and standard deviation of a equally weighted portfolio of 3 stocks with varying levels of risk to be an asset to humanitarian service but I guess you never know. There are so many other ways I want to be spending my free time now and most seem like worthy endeavors but I've committed to this and I really don't want to become a grad school drop out...I don't think. I keep trying to give myself motivational speeches that it will all be worth it in the end, no pain no gain, this is all necessary and important preparation but all I can think about is how much I miss this....



My test is in two hours, back to the books!

0 comments: