Monday, October 20, 2008

Looks like someone has a case of the Monday's

You would think after a fun weekend that included my first Broadway show and my friend Tara's 14 day old baby Carter's first brunch I would be bursting with new reflections and insights for my blog but alas, I am not.


I did enjoy Wicked more than I expected and it was nice to get out of town and do something new. I was really impressed with the creativity of the story and how well the characters were developed. The highlight of the evening for me was during the intermission when the guy next to me commented, "So the witch wasn't really wicked after all," with passion and convinction indicitive of a revelation of great new truth that may possibly change the course of his life forever. I don't mean to imply that there was no moral of the story, I felt like it was a beautiful story of unlikely friendship and finding the good in others. It encouraged people to look past a person's often rough exterior and attempt to understand why they are who they are before we write them off completley by making inaccurate judgements.


In spite of a wonderful weekend, I'm feeling rather blah today, rather uninspired, very mechanistic in my approach to work and life in general. Tomorrow I'll be out of the office for Leadership Cleveland, which is always good for a change. I must admit I was a little apprehensive about the program but so far I've really enjoyed it. A change always does me good so hopefully tommorrow's blog will be a bit more chipper.


but before I conclude I must include a shout out (how much do I hate myself for just using the term shout out...) to my home town's baseball team, even though I cannot remember the last time I watched an entire game. I do know my brother is quite excited!


1 comments:

Sippy Cups and Shaker Bottles said...

i believe our creativity and inspiration was emptied at the show because i feel the same way... lackluster in everything i'm working on.