Monday, October 13, 2008

Independent Women

Yesterday, I left TJ Maxx, and walked out to my car that all of a sudden refused to start. I had planned to spend my Sunday afternoon reading Three cups of Tea (which is an amazing book I highly recommend) so I was a little annoyed at this interruption to my perfectly planned day. So who did I call to help? Jaime of course! If I say auto mechanic, isn't that who you think of too? She brought over jumper cables and we attempted to jump start my unresponsive vehicle. As the picture illustrates, Jaime was afraid of an electric shock and terrified to hook up the jumper cables. Living in a friendly small town, we were quickly approached by a nice young gentleman eager to assit two damsels in distress. After "fixing" the hook ups and spouting off some random and probably inaccurate car knowledge, he proceeded to tell us that he was at TJ Maxx to buy a 34 DD bra. I wish I was making this up...apparently his ex wife was getting out of jail and he had committed to preparing a parole pack for her release. He was also debating including oatmeal and several outfits in the color green since that was all she was given in prison and had complained about hating both things. Suddenly I was no longer a damsel in distress and had everything under control although I did talk Justin into stopping by just in case. I ended up getting my car towed (the battery shorted...) but I picked up my Jetta at lunch today and left only about $200 poorer. It could have been much worse I guess, I could have been the guy who left TJ Maxx empty handed and was forced to continue on his impossible quest for a 34 DD.

1 comments:

Sippy Cups and Shaker Bottles said...

i find it ironic that i was just discussing your incredible stories. I was telling someone that even the greatest writers couldn't come up with what you live through every day :)