Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Luck

My car has been swaying back and forth while I drive for probably about a month now. Tuesday night I was driving home around 10pm after watching "Slumdog Millionaire" (Amazing by the way) and I was scared to death I was going to get pulled over for drunk driving because of the amount of swerving my car was doing on its own.

Finally realizing I had ignored the problem long enough, on Wednesday I took my car to the tire center to have my tires rotated. I had not had them rotated in the entire 3 years I have owned my vehicle, I think the mechanic was impressed. I picked my car up at 5:00 after being assured that my tires were in great condition and I would not need to replace them for at least a year.

I was happy. Unfortunately my car was still not. I almost got car sick on the way home from the mechanic. Somehow the shaking had actually become worse. I took it back to the mechanic today at 10am to get the tires aligned. 2 hours later I was told that sometime between 5 yesterday and 10 this morning I picked up a huge nail in my front left tire. The hole is not repairable and since they are doing an alignment I have to get 2 new tires. So my $10 quick fix turned into a $300 problem. Everything always happens to me all at once....it's crazy. In the month of December my camera, my ipod, a light in my upstairs bedroom, and my house phone all decided to quit working. Its starting to be a bit annoying...

0 comments: