Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The King sits with us

Julie, our Northern Cambodian director, sent me an email yesterday about a small village she visited for the first time. She said she spoke about Emmanuel, which in Cambodian translates to "the king sits with us" and what an amazing experience it was to have the king sit with them for a while in an obscure Cambodian village. This translation really resonated with me. For some reason, it seems so much more personal and so much more special that The King himself would take the time to sit with me and have a cup of coffee with no real agenda during the hectic holiday season.

1 comments:

Michael Conley said...

Jenn, I absolutely love this post. The very idea that the king would sit with us is overwhelming. I know it to be true. And yet, to meditate on it and think about him sitting down with me to fellowship just takes my breath away.

Thanks for your blog. I always look forward to hearing what you and Jamie have to say about life in general.

Michael