Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Potential




Susan Boyle Sings on Britain's Got Talent 2009 Episode 1 @ Yahoo! Video


Admittedly I'm more emotional when I'm tired and also when I'm stressed and this morning I am a bit of both. However, as I looked over the news when I first signed online this morning I noticed a story about a woman named Susan Boyle that made me tear up a little. This clip doesn't show the whole interchange between the judges and Susan but before she began to sing, Susan told the audience that she is 47 years old, that she lives at home with her cat and that she has never been kissed. You can see the look on Simon's face as he anticipates a female William Hung and then a complete change of countance as he realizes the hidden talent this woman holds. It is amazing to me that Susan has been living in some tiny British village in a tiny cottage and sings like a Broadway star to a feline audience of one. For years she has been cultivating this gift unnoticed and alone, until this moment when suddenly her gift was revealed to the World. To me it says something profound about the hidden potential inside of each of us. It reminds me once again that outward appearances aren't always indicitive of what's inside and that each of us has something profound to give to the world if we will only take the opportunity to share it.

0 comments: